How often do you source an injection molder? If you are like most companies and project managers, not very often. Once you have selected an injection molder to work with you are likely to stay with them as long as they keep producing quality plastic parts.
There are several scenarios in which the need for an injection molder may arise:
- Your company has designed a new product that requires injection molding
- Your engineers have redesigned an existing injection molded part
- Your current injection molder is no longer meeting your quality requirements
- Your business is moving manufacturing closer to home
We have condensed the top issues into questions and then provided answers to each. By reviewing these questions prior to sourcing an injection molder, you are more likely to get the information you need to make a proper assessment.
Here is a sampling of the questions you will find:
- Does the injection molder have an experienced in-house design and tool building team?
- How many molding machines do they have and what are their capabilities?
- What kind of experience should I look for?
There are several thousand plastic injection molding companies in the United States and selecting the right injection molder for your project can be a daunting task.
We hope this guide including key questions and answers will help you compare and contrast competing injection molders and determine the best manufacturer for your next project.