Since 1956, we have made billions of American made products in our 125,000 square foot facility, including manufacturing over 30 billion parts since 1992 for the K’NEX building toy system. With over 105 injection molding presses, we are one of the largest family-owned and operated injection molders in the United States. K’NEX is the only U.S. construction toy company, with over 90% of its parts manufactured right here at Rodon.
“At K’NEX and Rodon, we’ve learned that manufacturing in America can actually be more cost effective than manufacturing overseas,” said Michael Araten, President and CEO of both K’NEX Brands and The Rodon Group. “We are thrilled to make this kind of quality, cost effective domestic manufacturing available to other businesses looking to eliminate the risks of offshore sourcing.”
We are active members of the organization American Made Matters , whose mission is to educate consumers about buying US-made products to help strengthen the American Dream and are third generation family businesses located in Hatfield, PA. We are proud to be a part of the local community while encouraging American entrepreneurship.
Our employees have shared their own thoughts on what American made means to them. Look for more to follow in the next several weeks.
Take a moment to share with us what American made means to you. We'd love to hear from you.
- "American made products" to me, means: Products that I choose to purchase not only for their quality, but that I also help support my country by purchasing them.
- We need to reduce our gross national debt, and increase our gross national product; purchase and export more American-made products. Our country as a whole needs to boost our economy, and that isn’t going to happen if we only purchase foreign-made products.
- As a Proud American, I want to support Made in America products to help ensure jobs and a better life for our families, friends, and neighbors.
- Any countries economy that doesn't manufacture something to sell to the rest of the world, is a house of cards. The ability to manufacture anything you need as a country, means you're not dependent on other countries, especially in times of crisis.
- American-made to me means QUALITY, SUPPORTING AMERICAN JOBS, and KEEPING OUR MONEY HERE. Additionally, there are so many related industries that will benefit: the packaging that the product comes in, the trucking industry, jobs for people who maintain the equipment the product is produced on, service personnel for all the above and a myriad of other related industries.
- I am proud to be an American and be able support our countries manufacturing industry through the products that I purchase. In doing so, I hope to help build awareness; supports jobs and improve our economy as a whole.